Pages

Friday, June 26

Exeter ~ 24 June 2002




Today we ventured into Exeter. Main reason - to look for work and to visit the Exeter Cathedral. My Grandmother [who died before I was born] use to sing in the choir at this beautiful Cathedral. It's very impressive from the outside with intricate designs and stonework. It's amazing how the Cathedral was speared in the Blitz of 1942. Many buildings were destroyed and only a small part of the Cathedral was damaged. I lit a candle inside for the memory of my Grandmother, Gwendoline Harry.


Another interesting thing about Exeter is that it's surrounded by a Roman wall. Exeter is one of England's oldest cities and was founded over 2000 years ago by the Romans.




We have a job lead - I'm feeling quite nervous and scared. I suppose once again it 's just the unknown that is frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment