Pages

Sunday, June 14

The Tower of London and Tower Bridge ~ 14 June 2002


Our first 'London Experience' was having a typical English breakfast at a cafe called the "Cat and Cucumber". Bacon, egg, chips, beans and bubble. I was amused to receive a ready poured mug of tea rather than our own teapot, but later found this was typical of 'greasy spoon' cafes.

We then made our way across the Tower Bridge. It is a beautiful structure, built in 1894, one of the many London icons. The Thames looked a bit murky and I couldn't help but wonder how many dead bodies had been pulled out of it.

Looking across the Thames I point out a lovely castle to Ian. He seems to think it is a replica of an old castle. Getting closer we realize the replica castle is actually the Tower of London. It is so old, beautiful, interesting, ghostly and grim I can't believe it has taken me so long to see this amazing place!


No comments:

Post a Comment