Pages

Saturday, June 13

Leaving New Zealand ~ 12th June 2002

I have been waiting, dreading, expecting and dreaming of this day. This is the day Ian and I leave New Zealand for England. [At this stage in our life's we've been together for 6 years and have been engaged for 6 months]

We left Wellington Airport 11.30am, leaving mum, dad, Donald, Connor, Jillian and Andrew [Ian's family who live in Wellington] wishing us farewell. I feel strange emotions - no sadness or excitement. It is something I have to do, a duty to myself.

It was a smooth trip to Auckland then to Singapore. I think Ian tried to distract himself by playing in a very 'cheesy' game show at Singapore Airport.

After battling a woman with her inclining chair we arrived at Heathrow Airport at 6.00 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment